USCIS To Issue Redesigned Green Card
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced today that it has redesigned the Permanent Resident Card, commonly known as the “Green Card” to incorporate several major new security features. State-of-the-art technology prevents counterfeiting, obstructs tampering, and facilitates quick and accurate authentication of the card. Beginning today, USCIS will issue all Green Cards in the new, more secure format.
New Green Card Features
|Front of Card||Previous||New|
|Optical Variable Ink||
|Embedded Radio Frequency Identification Device (RFD)||
|Laser Engraved Fingerprint||
|Unique Background Design||
|Back of Card|
|Tamper Resistant Border||
|Optical Media Stores All Digital Files, Including Biometrics||
|Micro-image, High Resolution Pictures of State Flags and Presidents||
New Green Card Features to note:
- Redesign results from extensive collaboration with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Screening Coordination Office, the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Forensic Document Laboratory, and U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).
- Special ink creates color shifts in visual designs (e.g., eagle’s head).
- Fine-lined artwork and complex architecture incorporate patterns that are nearly impossible to reproduce.
- Card materials resist tampering. Attempted tampering becomes immediately visible to the naked eye.
- Standard card design and personalized features are integrated to deter fraud attempts, e.g., alteration of the photograph.
- Greater detail in photograph makes for easier identification of the bearer.
- Ultra-violet technology and tactile clues allow accurate card authentication at border crossings.
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) allows inspectors to read unique, 192-bit serial number (192-bits) from a distance and link the information to the personal data on file.
- Personalized return address on back of card doubles as security feature and as customer-service enhancement to facilitate easy return of lost cards to USCIS.
- In keeping with its nickname, redesigned Permanent Resident Card is now green.
Related ArticlesUSCIS Issues Redesigned Green Card with new security technology More than 40,000 US H-1B Visas still available
Microsoft Layoffs Adds More Fuel to H-1B Visa Fire
Obtain a three year residence permit under the Danish Green Card scheme.
US H-1B Visas still available due to the economic downturn.
Enter the Green Card Lottery. 55,000 Green Card’s Must Go Each Year. Let us help you reach your dream of becoming an American resident today!
Return to USA Diversity Lottery’s immigration news page to read more immigration news.
Take the USA Green Card Test
Take the test to see if you qualify. If you do, apply for the DV-2013 Green Card Lottery here on the Official USA Diversity Lottery site and your dreams may soon come true. 55,000 Green Card’s available in the green card lottery each year. Take the DV2013 test NOW
USA Immigration News
May 12, 2010USCIS To Issue Redesigned Green Card
April 14, 2010More than 40,000 US H-1B Visas still available
April 6, 2010Military Members U.S. Citizenship Eligibility Requirements
April 5, 2010Naturalization process for military members and their spouses
March 12, 2010President Obama promising to keep working on the immigration overhaul
March 12, 2010President Obama says he’s still committed to immigration overhaul
March 11, 2010The American 2010 Green Card Lottery is Now accepting Applications
March 10, 2010USCIS to Accept H-1B Petitions for Fiscal Year 2011 Beginning April 1, 2010
February 18, 2010Rule for H-2A Temporary Agricultural Worker Program Announced
February 18, 2010Recession means 800,000 fewer illegal immigrants in the US
February 3, 2010Streamlined Citizenship Process for Military Members
January 27, 2010A new Entrepreneur Visa for US, will add more EB-5 visas
January 14, 2010Is the Green Card Lottery a National Security Thread
January 11, 2010Immigration reform would benefit U.S. economy
January 4, 2010Is Australia on is way to be the best Country to live in
December 30, 2009The Army’s New Non-Citizen Recruiting Program For Foreign Health Care Professionals
December 28, 2009Obama facing uphill battle on his 2010 immigration reform
December 14, 2009Several US Immigration programs extended to 2012
December 8, 2009The DV2012 Green Card Lottery is Now accepting Applications
November 13, 2009Denmark offers $20,000 to all maladjusted immigrants to leave
October 28, 2009Obama will sign bill to extend E-Verify for three years
October 26, 2009Green Card bill passes for spouses of deceased U.S. citizens
September 22, 2009President Obama: Legalize illegal’s to allow them health care
September 2, 2009Green card applications plunge, down 80 percent
September 1, 2009Microsoft Layoffs Adds More Fuel to H-1B Visa Fire
August 17, 2009Bring Cash and we will give you a Green Card
August 11, 2009President Obama: No immigration reform until 2010
August 7, 2009US Worker Green Card Petitions Down Sharply
July 27, 2009U.S. Citizenship Through Military Service
July 21, 2009U.S. Citizenship Through Military Service
June 19, 2009Obtain a three year residence permit under the Danish Green Card scheme
March 18, 2009Join the army and become a US citizen in 6 months